The average adult body consists of up to 65% water. That’s crazy! We use that water to complete almost every bodily function, including regulating body temperature, moistening body tissue, and lubricating joints. A few other functions, such as breathing, digestion, and sweating, each send that water out of our bodies. Not sure about you, but for me these are each part of my daily routine, so consciously replenishing my 65% is essential.
Our bodies run at tip top shape when we take in 2 liters of water every single day. I know it can be tough (and boring) to drink that much plain water every day, so I thought it’d be fun to share some delicious infused water recipes that may motivate you to stay hydrated!
- Citrus Medley: Fill your glass with slices of as many citrus fruits as you’d like! Think grapefruit, orange, lemon, and lime. The result will be a beautiful drink full of pink, orange, yellow, and green rinds. Deliciously refreshing!
- Watermelon Basil: What says summer more than a cool, juicy slice of watermelon? For this one, infuse your water with fresh basil and full slices of watermelon. You can even include the rind for a nice splash of green!
- Strawberry Mint: Everyone will love this one! Sweet strawberry slices combined with fresh mint makes a delicious summery party drink. Pro tip: Tearing the mint leaves will provide an even more potent flavor.
- Mojito Refresher: Just like your favorite mojito, but even the kids can enjoy this one! Top off your glass with fresh mint leaves and lots of lime. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
- Classic Cucumber: We’ll end with a crowd favorite. Cucumber and, of course, lemon. Nice and easy, and 100% refreshing.
Each of these recipes are super easy, and fun ways to stay hydrated this summer. Let us know which ones are your favorites! Enjoy!